Yew Life Center of St. Gabriel Episcopal Church
Mission Statement: Nurturing a centered life.
Yew Life Center, while grounded in the Episcopal tradition, seeks to offer a welcoming space reflecting the balance and variety found in God’s creation. Our goal is providing opportunities for individuals and families to experience relevant ways to nurture centered living. Education, exploration, and connection are our tools.
The Second Annual Harvest Dinner is Saturday, September 16, 2017
You and your family are invited! Sign up here
Arrive at 5:30pm at St. Gabriel Church, dinner begins at 6:00pm
– Rod’s Famous Pulled-Pork Barbeque will be served with all the trimmings
– Bring a favorite pot-luck dish to share (see sign-up to let us know – coming soon)
– If you like, enter the Bake-Off contest with your best dessert
– Drinks will be served, and you can brink your own
– Games and supervised play for kids
– Tasty items for sale to benefit the garden or the church building fund
Last year, we had 50 people attend and it was great fun and great food – be sure to sign up so we can plan for everyone.
Honor Flight Network of Portland
Stuart Babicky longtime member of St. Gabriel Episcopal Church and volunteer with Honor Flight Network of Portland recently escorted a veteran of World War II to the memorial at our nations capital. Returning with high praise for the organization and its commitment to “taking every willing and able World War II veteran to see the memorial”, he reported his journey as rewarding and personally moving. An experience he will always cherish.
The Honor Flight Network honors World War II veterans with all expense paid trips to Washington D.C. to see the National World War II Memorial completed in 2004. See how you can help: Find more info at portlandhonorflight.org
First Fruits Community Garden – now under Exploration tab